After two long hektic weeks, moving to a new house, i am back if you are wondering where i’ve been!
My first post from my new kitchen, eagerly presenting the french “salade Niçoise”, in the style of Nice, France.
Traditionally made with hard boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, olives, green beans, tuna, anchovies, tomato and onion presented on a bed of lettuce. Some sources exclude anchovies, add artichoke hearts or even presented without lettuce.
To serve 4 people you will need:
- 3 canned tuna drained and flaked
- 4 hard boiled eggs quartered
- 8 small potato boiled and quartered
- 12 cherry tomato halved
- 150 g green beans steamed
- around 24 black olives pitted
- 1 big onion cut rondelles
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped into bite size pieces
Mix all together drizzle with vinaigrette or lemon olive oil dressing and serve!
Usually this salad is served as an entree, but with some french baguette or croutons it can be a wholesome and sustaining dinner.
Happy to be back, miss you 🙂
If you like this post give it some likes and shares to spread the joy. Don’t forget to like marmite et ponpon facebook page and follow on twitter. More interesting posts are yet to come.