Cold weather is the perfect excuse for eating, especially comfort food that warms the body and the heart. At the end of the day and when kids go to bed, all i want is to relax on the couch, enjoy a nice dinner with hubby while watching tv.
By this time i am out of energy, i need a quick dinner served with no preparations. Turkey, red fruits jam, brie and basil olive oil… did i grab your attention? All you need is 5 minutes of preparations, and this is exactly the time you spend to make a sandwich.
How to do?
- Roll out a ready puff pastry into 2 circles (almost 8″ or 20cm).
- Place the first circle of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the surface lightly with red fruits jam leaving the center, the size of your brie cheese.
- place the cheese in the center and lay around turkey slices, i chose turkey with herbs, my favorite.
- place the second circle on top, after cutting off the circle, the size of the cheese.
- divide the dough into 16 equal parts, starting from the edge till the center, without touching the cheese.
- twist each two parts in different directions to meet. Take each pair of twisted slices and press the ends together firmly to seal the dough.
- brush the surface with olive oil
- make several cuts in the cheese to not burst in the oven
- sprinkle some basil
- bake on 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until the surface is golden brown
Is your stomach rumbling by now? Don’t wait till the night, you can have it as an appetizer for your lunch, it could also serve as a breakfast too! i hope you get the chance to try it.
Dip in the cheese and savour!
If you like this post give it some likes and shares to spread the joy. Don’t forget to like marmite et ponpon facebook page and follow on twitter. More interesting posts are yet to come.
Posted in appetizers & salads
Tagged appetizer, baking, basil, brie cheese, cheese, doha, dough, food, food blog, food blogger, food photography, food porn, how to do, jaymmy, lebanon, main dish, marmite et ponpon, olive oil, puff pastry, pull apart, qatar, recipe, red fruits jam, side dish, snowflake, star, turkey
A gooey sun, made of two ingredients and thousand feelings of bliss. Each ray takes you to a different world full of light and warmth especially when shared with a family. One of the best things during summer vacation, i get to share my recipes with my family, not just for appreciation but for the pleasure of sharing. I believe, the best family gatherings are over food!
It’s a very simple and easy dessert prepared in no time and served in less than half an hour. All you need is 2 sheets of puff pastries, thawed and rolled into 2 same size circles, and 1 1/2 cup of Nutella.
Place one of the puff pastry sheets on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Spread the Nutella avoiding 2cm from the edge. Brush this left 2cm with water and place the other puff pastry sheet on top and press them well together.
Place the lid of Nutella jar in the middle and cut into 4 rays starting from the lid. Then cut each quarter in half, then each eighth also in half. You will get a total of 16 rays.
Remove the lid and start twisting each ray by putting your finger near the center and gently make 3-4 turns. Repeat with each ray.
Preheat oven to 200°C. Brush with egg wash (one egg + 1tsp cold water) and bake for 20 mins or until nicely golden. Let it barely cool done before all get their hands on it.
Do i even need to say that the end result was heavenly? Nothing was left after 10 minutes! Only the trace of “once upon a time there was a sunny flaky Nutella pie on this parchment paper…” it’s always a happy ending when there is chocolate!
See you in the next fairy tale…
If you like this post give it some likes and shares to spread the joy. Don’t forget to like marmite et ponpon facebook page
and follow on twitter
. More interesting posts are yet to come.
Posted in dessert
Tagged beirut, chocolate, dessert, food blogger, food porn, lebanon, marmite et ponpon, nutella, pie, puff pastry, pull apart, qatar, recipe, soleil, sunny, sweets