Cold weather is the perfect excuse for eating, especially comfort food that warms the body and the heart. At the end of the day and when kids go to bed, all i want is to relax on the couch, enjoy a nice dinner with hubby while watching tv.
By this time i am out of energy, i need a quick dinner served with no preparations. Turkey, red fruits jam, brie and basil olive oil… did i grab your attention? All you need is 5 minutes of preparations, and this is exactly the time you spend to make a sandwich.
How to do?
- Roll out a ready puff pastry into 2 circles (almost 8″ or 20cm).
- Place the first circle of dough onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the surface lightly with red fruits jam leaving the center, the size of your brie cheese.
- place the cheese in the center and lay around turkey slices, i chose turkey with herbs, my favorite.
- place the second circle on top, after cutting off the circle, the size of the cheese.
- divide the dough into 16 equal parts, starting from the edge till the center, without touching the cheese.
- twist each two parts in different directions to meet. Take each pair of twisted slices and press the ends together firmly to seal the dough.
- brush the surface with olive oil
- make several cuts in the cheese to not burst in the oven
- sprinkle some basil
- bake on 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until the surface is golden brown
Is your stomach rumbling by now? Don’t wait till the night, you can have it as an appetizer for your lunch, it could also serve as a breakfast too! i hope you get the chance to try it.
Dip in the cheese and savour!
If you like this post give it some likes and shares to spread the joy. Don’t forget to like marmite et ponpon facebook page and follow on twitter. More interesting posts are yet to come.