I must admit that i approach any Thai meal with blind faith! I mentioned before my devotion and love to Thai food and how it tickles my senses with all its beauty, colors and aromas.
I like to cook all types of cuisines but when it comes to Thai, i believe it’s kind of art and every dish is a master piece. This colorful sesame chicken noodles is so flavorful and easy to come together!
You will need: (4 servings)
- 400g noodles cooked as per pack instructions
- 500g chicken breast cubed or cut lengthwise
- one big onion chopped coarsely
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 2 big carrots cut thin and lengthwise (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium capsicum (green and red) cut in medium squares (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 /2 cup red cabbage chopped coarsely
- 1/2 cup sweet soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 scallions chopped coarsely (about 1/2 cup)
- 4-5 mushroom sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- sesame seeds for garnish
Heat up the oil then add chicken and onion, stir-fry until onion is fragrant and chicken starts to turn opaque. Add carrots, capsicum and cabbage to cook for 3-4 minutes. Pour in sweet soy, sweet chili, white vinegar and water and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the veggies starts to get a bit tender. Stir in scallions and mushroom then simmer again for another 2-3 minutes.
Serve with cooked noodles (or if you prefer steamed rice) after sprinkling some sesame seeds on top (as per your taste).
It’s quick, served in 20 mns and not complicated at all. A delicious dish packed with deep flavors. It’s the type of dishes, while eating, i wish to have leftovers for next meal!
Don’t hesitate to try it and give me your opinion.
If you like this post give it some likes and shares to spread the joy. Don’t forget to like marmite et ponpon facebook page and follow on twitter. More interesting posts are yet to come.