Many of you find no time to cook dinner after long days at work, with kids or simply not fan of cooking. Sandwiches come to rescue the situation and satisfy your cravings; You can sup up any simple sandwich to become a consistent delicious meal. Not just that, it’s a pleasure to the eye also with all these colors blend.
All you need is the right and a smarter choice of pairing your sandwich ingredients. Today’s fourth option of sandwich makeover is Italian sub.
- Italian bread (or sub bread)
- Swiss cheese slices
- Salami, i chose the one with cracked peppers
- Turkey breast slices, i chose it smoked with herbs
- Lettuce, green leaf type
- Tomato slices
- Pickles (cornichon)
- Mayo – ketchup sauce
To build up your sandwich start by
- a layer of Swiss cheese, i used emmental slices, heat it in the oven to melt (optional)
- then a layer of turkey, as i mentioned above, i used the smoked one with herbs
- followed by salami, i like the one that comes with cracked pepper,
- onion, cut them rondelles shape
- lettuce, i used the green leaf one
- tomato slices, you can take a bit of its juice and seeds if you find it a lot juicy
- and pickles, homemade cornichons prepared by my mum
- Finally mix 1 tbsp of mayo with 1/2 tbsp of ketchup to spread it on the top layer of the bread to seal the deal.
You can serve it immediately or warm it a bit in the oven if you like the bread a bit crispy. With a side salad it makes a nice meal.
I am sure this sandwich is going to be on your to do list, it’s one of my favorite full of flavors awe sub. You can make your own, adding black olives, green peppers or removing onion if they aren’t your thing! Feel free to add or omit as per your taste.
If you like the idea of the sandwich makeovers, stay tuned for the next post with another delicious, quick and healthy choices.
Don’t forget to give it some likes and shares to spread the joy. Like marmite et ponpon facebook page and follow on twitter. More posts are yet to come.