Raclette is a type of cow milk cheese, consumed in Switzerland and France. It’s commonly used for melting in small pans known as coupelles that are placed under a specialized grill looking like an electric table-top grill. Then the slices of melted raclette are poured over veggies, pickles, charcuterie and meat. Served with wine to seal the deal!
Throwing a raclette party at home is the most fun thing. Tomorrow is new year, and with kids outing became a bit difficult; We are hosting at home a raclette concept party.
Not going so much traditional, we are not just melting raclette, we got gruyere, mozzarella, gouda and brie. You can use any cheese of your choice that melts. As for the side ingredients with the cheese, you can go as much creative as you want; go for anything that pairs well with your choice of cheese.
My favorite raclette ingredients that i am serving :
- Veggies (fingerling potatoes, sliced courgettes, sliced aubergines, sliced mushrooms, asparagus spears, broccoli florets, sliced capsicum, onion rondelles and cherry tomatoes). You can precook them if you want to save time.
- Fruits (melon, strawberry and grapes)
- Pickles (cornichons, pearl onions, jalapenos and olives) you can add to this list anything pickled that you fancy
- Meat (strips of beef, bresaola, salami)
- Condiments (salt, pepper, basil, rosemary and oregano)
- Nuts (walnut), the crunch of nuts is a tasty contrast to the creaminess of cheese.
You can simply pour the melted cheese over these ingredients or include baguette slices.
If you want to end your dinner with a dessert, melt chocolate and marshmallows to satisfy your sweet tooth. With fruits you can take it to the next level.
Hopefully this post was beneficial to you whether it’s your first time to have a raclette or you are already a connoisseur. Enjoy it, nothing says happiness more than cheese 🙂
With this post and being the 7th most viral blog for 2015 (in lebanon), i wrap up this year, wishing you a beautiful new one ahead full of blessings, joy, good health and new exciting events in your life.
If you wish to see me again among the top Lebanese bloggers in 2016, like my post and give it some shares to spread the joy. Don’t forget to like marmite et ponpon facebook page and follow on twitter. More interesting posts are yet to come. See you in 2016!!
I just saw this post, really it was very creative. I wish you all the best for this coming year. Biiiig kisses
Same to you my dear! 😘😘