Back to school means summer is over. I still recall this period of time from my childhood; full of excitement and concern. But this time is different, it’s my precious boy’s first year at school. Yes, my baby love is all grown up now… I have mixed feelings; i am happy, proud and anxious.
Hopefully it will be a good new beginning to a promising future. I wish you all the luck habibi Nady.
Like all kids of his age, he is fond of chocolate. I said why not preparing together a nice chocolaty dessert for his first day at school; double chocolate chip cookies for double happiness!
- ½ cup butter (100g almost), softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup cocoa powder sifted
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat your oven to 180°C, and prepare your baking tray lined with parchment paper.
Cream the butter and sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla. Add the baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and flour. Mix well then dump in your chocolate chips. I am telling you it’s very simple to make it 🙂
Shape the cookies, place them on the tray and bake for 10 minutes. This quantity makes 12-14 big pieces. Let them cool before serving.
These cookies have a fudgy texture, they melt in your mouth, leaving an after taste of heaven. When you shape them, make them a bit thick to enjoy the taste.
- 1- Cut a square paper (color and size of your choice)
- 2- Fold it in half diagonally
- 3- Fold one of the lower corners to the middle of the other side
- 4- Fold the other lower corner to the middle of the opposite side
- 5- Fold down one layer of your top corner to create your pouch
- 6- Now it’s ready to fill in your cookie
This type of folding is called diaper fold pouch!