There was no way but to start with my birthday cake, since this blog was a gift from my husband on my birthday.
I love to prepare the cake by my self especially the birthday ones, it makes the occasion more special and memorable for your loved ones.
Here is one of my favorite cakes, “foret noire”.
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup, unsweetened cocoa powder
- 11/2 tsps of baking soda
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1 1/2 tbsps of instant coffee powder
- 1 cup of hot water
- 2 eggs
- Whipping cream
- Tinned mix fruits – 1 large tin
-Preheat oven to 175 degrees Centigrade. Grease and flour two 9″ cake pans
- Add a tbsp of instant coffee powder to the hot water and keep aside.
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add the sugar and mix well with the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add the milk, oil, vanilla essence and beaten eggs and mix. Finally add the hot coffee mixture and mix.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pans and bake in the middle rack of the oven for 40 mins or until a skewer comes out clean. Start checking from 35 mins onwards.
- Cool on a wire rack for 30 mins before inverting onto a wire rack. Bring to room temperature.